TEENPOWER COLLEGE STAFF APPLICATION
ALL MATERIALS DUE MARCH 2
Online Application Step-by-Step
- Read below contract carefully and check “I accept” box at the end.
- Type answers to all application questions in space provided directly below questions.
- Press send button at the bottom of application and materials will be sent directly to Bailey Daniels, TEENPOWER Program Coordinator.
If you have questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TEENPOWER IMPORTANT DATES
Listed below are the College Staff training dates. You are highly encouraged to attend each training to stay updated on TEENPOWER planning. As College Staff members, it is your responsibility to successfully facilitate the following evening activities at High School TEENPOWER: Sunday Night Activity, Monday Night Activity, and the Variety Show on Tuesday night. Please make your best efforts to assist in the planning process PRIOR to your arrival at TEENPOWER by attending these trainings.
All trainings will be held at the Youth Resources office (unless otherwise noted) located in the lower level of First Federal Bank at 4451 North First Avenue. Please park across the street behind the car wash and near (but not blocking) the ice machine.
College Staff Training Dates:
Wednesday, May 9 from 6-9pm (All-staff training at Red Cross)
Tuesday, May 15 from 6:30-8:30pm
Tuesday, May 22 from 6:30-8:30pm
Optional Volunteer Dates with Youth Staff:
Wednesday, May 30 from 12-3pm (Work day for High School TEENPOWER)
Wednesday, June 13 from 12-3pm (Work day for Middle School TEENPOWER)
Dates for High School TEENPOWER:
- Wednesday, May 30 – Work day at YR 12-3pm
- Saturday, June 2 – Youth Staff checks in at UE at 4:30pm for High School TEENPOWER
- College Staff moves in Sunday, June 3
- Sunday, June 3 through Thursday, June 7 – High School TEENPOWER
Dates for Middle School TEENPOWER:
- Wednesday, June 13 – Work day at YR 12-3pm
- Sunday, June 17 – Youth Staff checks in at USI at 5pm for Middle School TEENPOWER
- Adult Staff moves in Monday, June 18
- Monday, June 18 through Wednesday, June 20 – Middle School TEENPOWER
COLLEGE STAFF CONTRACT & APPLICATION
As a TEENPOWER College Staff Member you are committing to be a role model and represent Youth Resources year-round meeting the following standards. Please remember that serving on College Staff is a privilege and requires dedication and responsibility. We will have tons of fun, but will always put the mission of TEENPOWER and the participants themselves first.
- Live a tobacco, alcohol, and drug-free lifestyle year-round. If you are not of legal age, alcohol consumption IS NOT permissible. There is no such thing as being responsibly illegal. If you are of legal age, it is expected that you are responsible with your choices. Glorifying poor choices or alcohol consumption through any form of communication (verbal or social media) will lead to your release from College Staff.
- You must have attended TEENPOWER as a former high school youth staff member.
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing at your college or university.
- Be honest, trustworthy, reliable, responsible, and have a positive attitude.
- You must be willing to work hard, especially in the planning of evening events for High School TEENPOWER.
- Be a role model to your peers and the community through your actions and words. This includes actions and words communicated via social media.
- Hold other staff members accountable for the actions both at TEENPOWER and throughout the year.
- Be open and honest about the choices you make in your life and how they impact your position on College Staff.
- Support the TEENPOWER events in your community through your presence and hard work.
- Actively participate in all TEENPOWER College and All-Staff trainings.
- Be willing to work as a team and be open to others ideas, concerns, and backgrounds.
- Be on time and ready for trainings and tell the TEENPOWER Program Coordinator via phone, or email as soon as you know that you will miss a training.
- Help other College Staff whenever possible and be especially supportive and inclusive of new and less experienced TEENPOWER staff members and volunteers.
- Respect the authority of Youth Resources as a non-profit agency serving the youth of our community.
- Ensure that the College Staff (others & yourself) gain the most possible enjoyment and reward from the experience.
At TEENPOWER, College Staff must be committed to:
- Participate in all training sessions and all activities the week of TEENPOWER. This includes planning and implementing activities designated to the College Staff such as evening activities, Variety Show, etc. plus participating in all other conference activities as well.
- Provide a high standard of care for the participants at all times.
- Consider the safety of the participants 24 hours a day.
- Do your part to ASSIST, not facilitate your Family Group.
- Put the participants first by actively participating with them in all activities.
- Encourage participants to be part of games, icebreakers, and activities.
- Set a good example for the participants and Youth Staff to follow:
- No swearing or bad language.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Be on time to all activities.
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
- Stay in communication with the TEENPOWER team including:
- With the Youth Resources staff, keeping them informed of participant and staff behavior. Behavior that puts participants or staff at risk should be reported immediately to the Youth Resources Executive Director and TEENPOWER Program Coordinator.
- With other TEENPOWER staff, offering ideas, support and encouragement
- With the participants, keeping them informed of important conference information
- Ensure the participants enjoy the conference experience and that their health, safety, and happiness come above all else.
- Do your part to prevent/deter poor behavior of participants and report any behavior issues immediately to the Youth Resources Executive Director and TEENPOWER Program Coordinator.
- When the College Staff is unsure of what to do, or how to handle a particular situation, it is your responsibility to ask the Youth Resources Executive Director and TEENPOWER Program Coordinator for assistance.
Disciplinary Procedure: College Staff
It is the aim of TEENPOWER that volunteers will be given the skills, support, and training to perform their tasks satisfactorily. If a volunteer is not performing satisfactorily, the following steps are taken:
- Youth Resources staff discuss privately with the volunteer the areas in which extra effort is needed and define concerns and identify problems.
- If the behavior or attitude is continual, the TEENPOWER Program Coordinator may issue required disciplinary action or release from service.
- Disciplinary action, such as release of the College Staff member from service is implemented as a last resort or to ensure the safety, effectiveness, and cohesiveness of the TEENPOWER team.
*Please note that the decisions made by the Youth Resources staff are final.
College Staff can expect the following from Youth Resources
- You will be given ongoing support, assistance, education and direction from the Youth Resources staff.
- You will be regarded as a valued member of the TEENPOWER team of leaders who are treated equally and with respect.
- Lots of laughs, fun, and the opportunity to make a big impact on your peers and participants!
I understand that by being a member of the TEENPOWER College Staff, I am expected to uphold all rules and expectations listed above. I will set a positive example for my peers and other staff members and always do my best to make good decisions with the ideals of TEENPOWER in mind. I promise to be a cooperative member of the TEENPOWER College Staff and find ways to help others in positive ways. Further, I understand that if I should be a part of any activities or anything that would go against this contract or the rules/ideals/philosophy of TEENPOWER, I am at risk to be released from the TEENPOWER College Staff.
I declare that I understand the responsibilities and information outlined above and that I will attend TEENPOWER and all TEENPOWER College Staff trainings with the intent of fulfilling this role. If I am unable to fulfill this role I understand that I must notify the TEENPOWER Program Coordinator immediately. By checking the box blow I agree to meet the requirements to the best of my abilities and understand the consequences if I choose not to do so.