TEENPOWER COLLEGE STAFF APPLICATION
ALL MATERIALS DUE APRIL 1, 2022
Online Application Step-by-Step
- Read below contract carefully and check “I accept” box at the end.
- Type answers to all application questions in space provided directly below questions.
- Press send button at the bottom of application and materials will be sent directly to Bailey Daniels, TEENPOWER Program Coordinator.
If you have questions contact email@example.com
TEENPOWER IMPORTANT DATES
Listed below are the College Staff training dates. You are highly encouraged to attend each training to stay updated on TEENPOWER planning. As College Staff members, it is your responsibility to successfully facilitate the following evening activities at High School TEENPOWER: Sunday Night Activity, Monday Night Activity, and the Variety Show on Tuesday night. Please make your best efforts to assist in the planning process PRIOR to your arrival at TEENPOWER by attending these trainings.
All trainings will be held at the Youth Resources office (unless otherwise noted and Covid-permitting) located in the lower level of First Federal Bank at 4451 North First Avenue. Please park across the street behind the car wash and near (but not blocking) the ice machine.
College Staff Training Dates:
- Wednesday, May 11 from 6-9pm – All-staff training, Location TBA
- Tuesday, May 17 from 5:30-7:30pm – College Staff training at YR *Pizza provided
- Tuesday, May 24 from 5:30-7:30pm – College Staff training at YR *Pizza provided
- Saturday, May 21 from 12-2pm – All-staff training at CK Newsome Center *Optional lunch beforehand at 11am
Optional Volunteer Dates with Youth Staff:
- Friday, March 11 – Saturday, March 12 from 5pm-9:30am – Youth Staff retreat at Vanderburgh County 4-H Center
- Please contact Bailey if you are interested in stopping by and for details on when.
Dates for High School TEENPOWER:
- Saturday, June 4 – Youth Staff checks in at the University of Evansville at 4:30pm for High School TEENPOWER
- College Staff moves in Sunday, June 5
- Sunday, June 5 through Thursday, June 9 – High School TEENPOWER at the University of Evansville
Dates for Middle School TEENPOWER:
- Sunday, June 26 – Youth Staff checks in at the University of Evansville at 5pm for Middle School TEENPOWER
- Adult Staff moves in Monday, June 27
- Monday, June 27 through Wednesday, June 29 – Middle School TEENPOWER at the University of Evansville
- Wednesday, July 13 from 6-8pm – College Staff debrief at YR
COLLEGE STAFF CONTRACT & APPLICATION
As a TEENPOWER College Staff Member you are committing to be a role model and represent Youth Resources year-round meeting the following standards. Please remember that serving on College Staff is a privilege and requires dedication and responsibility. We will have tons of fun, but will always put the mission of TEENPOWER and the participants themselves first.
- Live a tobacco, alcohol, and drug-free lifestyle year-round. If you are not of legal age, alcohol consumption IS NOT permissible. There is no such thing as being responsibly illegal. If you are of legal age, it is expected that you are responsible with your choices. Glorifying poor choices or alcohol consumption through any form of communication (verbal or social media) will lead to your release from College Staff.
- You must have attended TEENPOWER as a former high school youth staff member.
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing at your college or university.
- Be honest, trustworthy, reliable, responsible, and have a positive attitude.
- You must be willing to work hard, especially in the planning of evening events for High School TEENPOWER.
- Be a role model to your peers and the community through your actions and words. This includes actions and words communicated via social media.
- Hold other staff members accountable for the actions both at TEENPOWER and throughout the year.
- Be open and honest about the choices you make in your life and how they impact your position on College Staff.
- Support the TEENPOWER events in your community through your presence and hard work.
- Actively participate in all TEENPOWER College and All-Staff trainings.
- Be willing to work as a team and be open to others ideas, concerns, and backgrounds.
- Be on time and ready for trainings and tell the TEENPOWER Program Coordinator via phone, or email as soon as you know that you will miss a training.
- Help other College Staff whenever possible and be especially supportive and inclusive of new and less experienced TEENPOWER staff members and volunteers.
- Respect the authority of Youth Resources as a non-profit agency serving the youth of our community.
- Ensure that the College Staff (others & yourself) gain the most possible enjoyment and reward from the experience.
- Staying overnight is a requirement of College Staff.
- Please contact Bailey if this is not something to which you are able to commit, or if you would have responsibilities like class or work that might take you away during the day. We highly recommend that you ask off or make other arrangements if at all possible.
- College Staff and Adult Staff will have important health & safety responsibilities through the duration of TEENPOWER, including extra duties that have not been required of College Staff members in the past. Please be ready to step into your role and know that, while we are going to ensure as much fun as possible for the adults who spend their time with us, you ARE an adult and are going to be asked to be present, accountable, and responsible in more aspects than normal.
- Leaving campus for unauthorized trips will not be allowed, and authorized trips will be limited.
- Additional direction will be given related to these responsibilities as they arise in the coming months.
At TEENPOWER, College Staff must be committed to:
- Participate in all training sessions and all activities the week of TEENPOWER. This includes planning and implementing activities designated to the College Staff such as evening activities, Variety Show, etc. plus participating in all other conference activities as well.
- Provide a high standard of care for the participants at all times.
- Consider the safety of the participants 24 hours a day.
- Do your part to ASSIST, not facilitate your Family Group.
- Put the participants first by actively participating with them in all activities.
- Encourage participants to be part of games, icebreakers, and activities.
- Set a good example for the participants and Youth Staff to follow:
- No swearing or bad language.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Be on time to all activities.
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
- Stay in communication with the TEENPOWER team including:
- With the Youth Resources staff, keeping them informed of participant and staff behavior. Behavior that puts participants or staff at risk should be reported immediately to the Youth Resources Executive Director and TEENPOWER Program Coordinator.
- With other TEENPOWER staff, offering ideas, support and encouragement
- With the participants, keeping them informed of important conference information
- Ensure the participants enjoy the conference experience and that their health, safety, and happiness come above all else.
- Do your part to prevent/deter poor behavior of participants and report any behavior issues immediately to the Youth Resources Executive Director and TEENPOWER Program Coordinator.
- When the College Staff is unsure of what to do, or how to handle a particular situation, it is your responsibility to ask the Youth Resources Executive Director and TEENPOWER Program Coordinator for assistance.
College Staff Disciplinary Procedure
It is the aim of TEENPOWER that volunteers will be given the skills, support, and training to perform their tasks satisfactorily. If a volunteer is not performing satisfactorily, the following steps are taken:
- Youth Resources staff discuss privately with the volunteer the areas in which extra effort is needed and define concerns and identify problems.
- If the behavior or attitude is continual, the TEENPOWER Program Coordinator may issue required disciplinary action or release from service.
- Disciplinary action, such as release of the College Staff member from service is implemented as a last resort or to ensure the safety, effectiveness, and cohesiveness of the TEENPOWER team.
*Please note that the decisions made by the Youth Resources staff are final.
College Staff can expect the following from Youth Resources
- You will be given ongoing support, assistance, education and direction from the Youth Resources staff.
- You will be regarded as a valued member of the TEENPOWER team of leaders who are treated equally and with respect.
- Lots of laughs, fun, and the opportunity to make a big impact on your peers and participants!
I understand that by being a member of the TEENPOWER College Staff, I am expected to uphold all rules and expectations listed above. I will set a positive example for my peers and other staff members and always do my best to make good decisions with the ideals of TEENPOWER in mind. I promise to be a cooperative member of the TEENPOWER College Staff and find ways to help others in positive ways. Further, I understand that if I should be a part of any activities or anything that would go against this contract or the rules/ideals/philosophy of TEENPOWER, I am at risk to be released from the TEENPOWER College Staff.
I declare that I understand the responsibilities and information outlined above and that I will attend TEENPOWER and all TEENPOWER College Staff trainings with the intent of fulfilling this role. If I am unable to fulfill this role I understand that I must notify the TEENPOWER Program Coordinator immediately. By checking the box blow I agree to meet the requirements to the best of my abilities and understand the consequences if I choose not to do so.