TEENPOWER PREVENTION GRANT APPLICATION
Applications for fall projects are due January 27, 2023.
If you have questions while working on this form, please contact:
Bailey Daniels, Program Coordinator
812-421-0030 ext. 15
Who qualifies for a TEENPOWER Prevention Grant?
- Each school/youth agency that attended TEENPOWER 2022 is eligible for up to $500 in grant funding for its prevention project when the following guidelines are met:
- Youth Resources must receive a follow-up survey from each TEENPOWER conference participant by September 16, 2022.
- Schools/youth agencies that do not return follow-up surveys on time will forfeit prevention grant funding.
- Students must be actively involved in the planning and implementation of your prevention project.
- Additional Guidelines:
- Project must be planned and carried out by youth who attended TEENPOWER. We highly encourage sharing the TEENPOWER spirit and getting new students on board as well!
- Project must meet the TEENPOWER goals & objectives (see page 4).
- Project should focus on drug and alcohol prevention.
- Project must provide a service to others or the community.
- Project must be started and completed during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Fall project final reports and receipts are due by December 2, 2022.
- Spring project final reports and receipts are due by May 5, 2023.
- Youth Resources must have all previous TEENPOWER grant final reports and receipts on file to be eligible for a 2022 grant.
- Grant recipients will be reimbursed for their project costs AFTER final reports and receipts have been turned in to Youth Resources.
Good things happen through TEENPOWER Prevention Grants:
- Youth become aware of community needs in the drug, alcohol and tobacco prevention space.
- Youth direct their energies to helping others.
- Youth develop and utilize leadership, planning, team work, and other life skills.
- Community attitudes towards youth improve.
- Youth realize their power to affect personal change and improve the lives of others.
- Communities gain stronger youth and adult partnerships.
What are the TEENPOWER Prevention Grant requirements?
- All grant project ideas must originate from the youth and their interests.
- Youth must be at the center of the planning, preparation, and the implementation of the project.
- Projects should address a prevention need within their community and provide a service to others.
- Grants will be screened by the TEENPOWER Youth Staff and awarded in two cycles (fall and spring), however, all follow-up surveys are due to YR by 4pm on September 16, 2022.
What We Don’t Fund:
- Capital items (e.g. digital cameras, video cameras & equipment, electronics, pots, pans, electric mixers, etc.)
- Salaries & wages and overhead costs
- Rental fees or fees for services (e.g. speakers, registration, camps, bounce houses, DJs, outdoor movie screens, event space/community space rentals, etc.)
- Direct monetary donations to other agencies or organizations
- Sales tax
- T-shirts or other apparel items
- Gift cards
This is not an exhaustive list. Please reach out to Bailey Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about budget costs.
- Specific, researched line items with exact or approximate cost
- Description of use of each item – weight given to items listed that relate to direct performance of service by youth
- 5% of total grant request for youth recognition (honoring/celebrating students for their service – certificates, stickers, ice cream, etc.)
How does a TEENPOWER Club apply for a TEENPOWER Prevention Grant?
- Step One: Research and Planning
- Continue to work with your youth to determine where there is a need in your community for drug/alcohol/tobacco prevention and intervention activities and finalize the project you started during TEENPOWER. Have a new idea? Find a way to adapt the project you brainstormed at TEENPOWER or create a new project.
- Step Two: Completing the Application
- Be specific and give as much information as possible to complete each question.
- Youth Resources believes that the youth deserve to be recognized for their hard work! You will notice in the budget section of the application that 5% of each grant must be used towards youth recognition.
- Please contact Bailey Daniels at 812-421-0030 ext. 15 or email@example.com with questions or for grant writing assistance.
Submitting Your Grant Application & Follow-Up Surveys:
- Grant applications should be submitted online via the form below.
- Follow-up surveys may be:
- Mailed to YR at P.O. Box 3635, Evansville, IN 47735.
- Hand-delivered to our office located at 4451 N. First Avenue, Evansville, IN 47710, in the lower level of First Federal Savings Bank.
- Scanned and uploaded via the form below or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow-up surveys are due September 16, 2022.
- Grant applications are due September 16, 2022.
- Follow-up surveys are due September 16, 2022.
- Grant applications are due January 27, 2023.